Volunteers Needed for City Environmental Committees

Middltown logoThe City of Middletown’s Planning, Conservation and Development Department is seeking citizen volunteers to fill vacancies on two advisory panels. There are currently four vacancies on the Conservation Commission and five vacancies on the Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Agency.

The Conservation Commission is an advisory panel to the Common Council on open space acquisition and management, and meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. in City Hall.

The Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Agency grants, denies, or limits activities within and proximal to inland wetland resources within the City and meets the first Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. in City Hall.

Anyone interested in serving on any of the committees should contact Planning Director Michiel Wackers at michiel.wackers@middletownct.gov or by phone at 860-638-4840.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *