Green Business Initiative
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- Material and Product Procurement
- Water Conservation and Landscaping
- Responsible Waste Management
- Reducing Transportation Emissions
- Ten Easy Ways to Green Your Business
After a long delay, the residents of Chatham Court (Portland Housing Authority) now have a sidewalk leading to Marlborough Street. This project, proposed in 2019 by former First Selectwoman Susan Bransfield and Portland’s Complete Streets Group, provides residents with pedestrian access to medical offices, food shopping, and more. We appreciate the initiative of current First Selectmen Ryan Curley and Public Works Director Ryan O’Halpin, who persuaded property owners on Riverside Street to grant easements for sidewalk construction and relocation of some utility poles.
More information on Portland’s sidewalk plans can be found here.